At 4N we go the extra distance to make finding the right bar for your specific application as simple as possible. But remember, we believe in personal service too and are always here to help – and we are just a phone call away.
How do you pick the right bar for your particular application? Follow these simple steps:
Find your Bar Profile:
1. Decide the height you want to achieve.
2. Subtract the height of the existing grouser (trim first if desired).
3. Measure the width (thickness) of the existing grouser.
4. Use the chart below to find the the grouser bar Profile that matches the height and width you need.
Note: Adding 10% to the bar height will provide longer wear, however, choosing a profile that is wider than the existing grouser width is not recommended.
Find your Bar Shape:
Straight: This is the best fit for grousers that have been trimmed or that are worn evenly.
Curved: This is the best fit for grousers that are untrimmed & saves time and money by allowing regrousering in the field – even while track shoes are till on the machine!
Beveled: This is the best fit for less drag at the corners and for shoes that were originally beveled.
The pictures above show a beveled curved bar (left) and a plain straight bar.
Find your Bar Length:
1. 4N grouser bar is available cut to your custom length or in 10 foot sections.
2. Have your bar precut to match the width of the shoe (for example: 24″, 28″, 32″, etc).
Note: For a shoe with a rounded wear pattern, subtract 1/2″ from the shoe width to reduce the fill weld needed on both ends.
Shown here is 4N president Bernie Nerlich Jr. performing a quality spot check on an international order of 4N grouser.
OTHER 4N SERVICES
Customization: 4N is fast and nimble enough to customize your orders to meet your exacting requirements normally at absolutely no extra cost. Have a variety of needs? You can mix and match your order with any size, configuration and hardness to meet and exceed even your most varied requirements.