At 4N we go the extra distance to make finding the right bar for your specific application as simple as possible. But remember, we believe in personal service too and are always here to help – and we are just a phone call away.
How do you pick the right bar for your particular application? Follow these simple steps:
- To find the best length:determine the width of your shoe. Then, we recommend that you subtract 1/2 an inch from the shoe width for the length of your grouser bar. This reduces the “fill weld” needed on either side of the shoe.
- To find the best profile:4N has a wide variety of profiles to choose from to make sure we have the right profile for you. The rule of thumb to use when determining the optimum profile size is to subtract the height of the worn grouser from the original grouser height. For even longer wear, add 10% to the original height of the grouser.
- To find the best shape: Whatever shape your worn bar is in, 4N has the right shape for you.
- Curved:A curved bar can be welded directly to untrimmed worn track shoes while they’re still on the machine.
- Beveled:Beveled bars are the best option for bars that were originally beveled as they have less drag at the corners.
- Straight:The most common shape is the straight bar which is the best fit for bars that have been trimmed or that are worn evenly.
- Find the best grade: 4N High Carbon Bars have a proprietary Carbon Steel chemistry that is ideal for smaller profiles. Through-hardened grouser bars from 4N are the highest quality available in the market for mining and high-abrasion applications.
The pictures above show a beveled curved bar (left) and a plain straight bar.
Shown here is 4N president Bernie Nerlich Jr. performing a quality spot check on an international order of 4N grouser.
OTHER 4N SERVICES
Free yard audit: Let us come to your location and do a full, complimentary audit of your equipment and provide an assessment on the savings possible from re-grousering compared to your other options
Re-grouser welding training: We will travel to your location and provide your crew with hands-on instruction in the proper procedures for quickly and reliably welding 4N grouser to your worn track shoes. Proper welding is essential in order to keep your track machinery operating with maximum grip, traction and longevity.
Customization: 4N is fast and nimble enough to customize your orders to meet your exacting requirements normally at absolutely no extra cost. Have a variety of needs? You can mix and match your order with any size, configuration and hardness to meet and exceed even your most varied requirements.